Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1 Year: The Sun Room

The next room up on the 1 Year of Before and After is the Sun Room which you previously saw here and here.

I have been meaning to write this post for the past week and I had this photo all prepped to use!



Alas, I am a little late but not too late to say Happy New Year!

This is how the Sun Room looked when we moved in before we even had the floors done. Not only were we not digging the two-tone paint colors but the floors were scratched and also had the faint outline of the rug that was once there.





This is right before we started painting (10 months after moving in) but you can tell how much nicer and shinier the floors look!


Living Room Before


Then we finished painting! The color is Desert Tan by Benjamin Moore. I have read it described as a "chamois" color and I have to agree. It has some yellowish undertones but the room looks so much better all in one color! We also painted the ceiling and repaired any bad spots.





The color wraps around the wall and in to the kitchen (on the left).



We changed out the sconces, hung some shelves, and moved in a few pieces of furniture and this is how it looked 1 year after moving in!





I'd love to change the lamp over the table to a drum shade. The table and rug were hand-me-downs from our families. I hope someday we will get a chance to paint or stain the table and buffet to the same color. My mom actually already re-upholstered the chairs when it belonged to her. I think some craftiness runs in the family! I also want to change out the stools to a darker wood with a swivel seat... And we  might do curtains... I think it might "soften" up the room but there are a lot of patio doors and it might be weird. Thoughts?

So that's the Sun Room. I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year and I'll be back with more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment