Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Some Knitting

I really really tried to post last week to keep my "1 post a week" goal but things have been super busy. I will soon share what we have been working on!

Until then, some knits!

I was hoping this past year (2010) was going to be the year I had handknit stockings for Eric and I. In 2009 we didn't move in to our house until the week before xmas so that was out of the question. Unfortunately, this year I did not start knitting on Eric's stocking until xmas eve. Needless to say it was not done in time. But I am ahead for 2011!


(click any pic to enlarge!)

I did block it but I realize it looks wonky on the right side. It also has to do with the white yarn blending in to the snow!




I wanted stockings that were similar, but different and these stockings by Annie's Woolens fit the bill. I did consider changing up the colors but decided to stick with these. Eric chose the bear stocking for himself.



The picture above seems like it should be titled "Abandoned Sock."


The green and white yarns are Paton's Merino. I desperately searched for the cranberry-ish colorway of this yarn which I KNOW they make (or at least made) because I once owned it. Unfortunately I couldn't track it down so the red is Loops and Threads Impeccable (from Michael's). It is more lofty than the Paton's yarns but the steam blocking really helped!

This was knit with size 6s except the bear part which I had to go up to 7s because it was pulling in too tight. Now I have 11 months to knit myself a stocking!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is the other knit project that has patiently been awaiting its photo debut - my Ishbel shawl!




Knit in Socks that Rock Mediumweight in the Korppi colorway that I ran out of just 7 rows from the end.

 

Thankfully a fellow knitter friend sent me the extras of her yarn (from the Netherlands no less!) and I was able to finish it. The colorways were not exact but I dare ask, can you tell?



And here I have lovingly draped it over a bush. I would have rearranged it nicer if the weather were warmer.



So there we have it, some knits! I am working now on a crochet project of which has some parts I will have to make up on my own. That should be interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment