Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Light Change

Things have been busy - so sorry for the lack of posting! I'm really hoping to do better. If only thinking about the blog were the same as writing it.

Since overhauling the office, we've done just small projects around the house including one I've had on my list for the sunroom.

In an older post I had mentioned how I wanted to change the light over the table to a drum shade. Well, presto chango!



New light!

 
I had originally envisioned a circular drum shade but when we were at Lowe's, they had an oval shaped one as well. Since our table is oval it seemed like a nice change from the ordinary.

We made a few other subtle changes - mainly taking away the table cloth (the pattern seemed too busy) and removing the leaf and 2 chairs from the table.

We are really happy with the results!

2 comments:

  1. What'cha gonna do with the old lamp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old lamp, while pretty, actually has seen better days. Some of the glasswork was cracked and the socket for the light bulb was precariously held in by duct tape! I haven't seen the lamp since we took it down so I am guessing (a) it's in the basement (b) in the garage or (c) at the dump. Only my husband knows!

    ReplyDelete